Flynn Remedios Designs presents FRD Sari Collection

Flynn Remedios Designs presents FRD Sari Collection







Senior journalist and publicist Flynn Remedios who is the Editor and Publisher of several Bollywood websites includingIndyaNewz.comNewz66.com, AsiaWire.in, Tamasha.in, etc has turned a new leaf. He has decided to try his hand at designing clothes – a hobby and passion which he cherished and dreamt of for the last 20-odd years. 42-year-old Remedios who has spent over 21 years as a journalist and later on as a publicist will launch his label FRD or Flynn Remedios Designs on 15th August this year. He recently shot for his sari collection catalog in Mumbai.
 Displaying Flynn Remedios Designs Sari Collection (9).JPG
Explaining the somewhat drastic career move, Flynn Remedios says, “I am a creative guy – be it copy writing or creative writing or photography, I have always enjoyed ‘creating’. This is a tribute to my late mother. My mother passed away suddenly due to a massive cardiac arrest. One moment she was smiling and talking and the next moment she was no more. Her death devastated me. Three years down the line, I have still to come to terms with the fact that my mother is no more. She was always there for me, in all my bad times. She stood by me like a rock and supported me all along. My mother was fond of stitching clothes. I remember the days when I was very young, my mother had a second hand sewing machine and she would stitch clothes for the family trying to be creative and innovative. She was fond of crochet and hand embroidery and used to create very artistic soft furnishing items like pillow covers and would personalize bed linen in her own little artistic way. A few years later when her trusted sewing machine gave way, she would get the clothes and stuff done through a local tailor or master, but she always decided on the cuts, design and fit and would give detailed instructions to the master. I was fond of clothes and have been doing some free lance styling for some time now. I have a few designer friends whose work motivated me to take up designing clothes on a professional basis.”
Displaying Flynn Remedios Designs Sari Collection (17).JPG
Remedios who has worked with several newspapers including the Times of India, the Economic Times, the Asian Age, the Indian Express, the Sunday Observer and several other magazines and news channels says, “My clothes will be affordably priced and will be practical and wearable. Fashion need not be cumbersome and expensive. A simple elegant outfit can also be fashionable. Today, the quality component has gone out of fashion. Production values are falling and most designers do not pay attention to quality control and production management. While they are involved in the creative designing and sketching, quality control is normally left to assistants and ‘masters’. My entire range will focus on quality and affordability and yet be stylish and elegant.  There will also be accessories to go with the clothes. You can call it Fashion for the Mango Man or Aam Aadmi.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La La Land Festival, Goa : A unique multi-disciplinary festival that cares about the Arts and the Environment

JioMAMI2023 Closing ceremony and Announcement of Winners of various awards

Aankh Micholi #PicksAndPiques #JohnsonThomas